- Medical Degrees, other degrees: MD, FRCPC, FSAR
- Board certification: Board certified in Canada and the United States
- Internship: Victoria, B.C, 1994-1995
- Residency: UBC, Vancouver 1995-1999
- Fellowship: Abdominal Imaging, UCSF, San Francisco CA, 1999-2000
- Sub-specialty and interests: Abdominal Imaging especially MRI prostate and liver. Medical Education.
- University Appointment and titles: Associate Professor, Residency Program Director, Department of Radiology, UBC
- Hospital appointment(s): Head of Abdominal MRI, Vancouver General Hospital
- Awards: UBC Burhenne Scholarship in Radiology, July 2000 to March 2009, Teacher of the Year Award 2003, CHAR Amersham Development Award 2004, Teacher for Best Noon Rounds 2009 and 2013, UBC Teaching Scholar 2008-2011, Fellow of the Society of Abdominal Radiology 2013.
- Recent / Notable Publications:
- Berman RM, Brown AM, Chang SD, Sankineni S, Kadakia M, Wood BJ, Pinto PA, Choyke PL, Turkbey B. DCE MRI of Prostate Cancer. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2016 May;41(5):844-53.
- Darras K, Worthington A, Russell D, Hou D, Forster BB, Hague C, Mar C, Chang SD. Implementation of a longitudinal introduction of radiology course during internship year improves diagnostic radiology residents’ academic and clinical skills: A Canadian experience. Acad Radiol. 2016 Jul;23(7):848-60. Epub ahead of print May 10.
Jhaveri K, Cleary S, Audet P, Balaa F, Bhayana D, Burak K, Chang SD, Dixon E, Haider M, Molinari M, Reinhold C, Sherman M. A Multidisciplinary Approach to Liver Imaging – Consensus Statements from a Multidisciplinary Expert Panel on the Utilization and Application of a Liver Specific MR Imaging Contrast Agent (Gadoxetic Acid)”. AJR. Mar 2015.204(3):498-509.
Homayoon B, Diwakar H, Strovski E, Baskhi D, Harris A, Theoni, R, Chang SD. Half Dose Gadobenate Dimeglumine versus Standard Dose Gadodiamide in Dynamic Liver Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Retrospective Intra-individual Crossover Comparison. Abdominal Imaging 2014 Oct;39(5):955-62. Epub.Mar 28, 2014.
Chang SD, Thoeni RF. Effect of T1-shortening on T2-weighted MR sequences: a comparison of hepatic mass conspicuity on images acquired before and after the use of gadolinium. AJR.2008;190:1318-1323.